Sunday, April 05, 2009

I want to have my Okonomiyaki (and eat it, too!)

And so he flew away, towards a land full of opportunities, experiences and thrills.

Last Wednesday, I rushed to the airport together with the rest of BTT14 to send Kevin off to Japan where he'll study for the next 5 years.

I couldn't help but watch in envy as he walked through those gates. Another one to live the dream. A dream that I once shared (and I still linger upon), of living on my own in a country which has influenced and enthralled me so much.

And yet I know my place is here.

Perhaps that dream will remain a dream. A dream that I would love to fulfill one day, if only for a few months, and keep it forever in my memories. Heck, I haven't even got the motivation to pick up the language, even though I've always wanted to.

In the meantime, my place is here.

Reading blogs and Facebook updates, looking at pictures of far away, yet remotely familiar places, and genuinely wishing that I was there.

Just for that few, fleeting, online minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I've said it, I will start to learn (basic!) Japanese by the end of this year.

Friends who are reading this, you be my witness. And if you too are interested, drop me a message! Because its so hard to learn something on my own without anyone to practise with.

Hong Yi wa ganbarimasu!

(I hope that was the correct way of expressing it =x)

No comments:

Post a Comment