Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What to do now?

Life as an unemployed is a nice, refreshing change from the mindless routine that began ever since I started NS. No waking up before the sun rises, no reaching home before the sun sets. Sure, there were the short periods of breaks, holidays and stuff, but nothing beats waking up at 10am in the morning with the thought "Now what shall I do today?" instead of "Argh, (insert number) more days before going back to camp/work."

Lately, the answer to the question above has been "Lets see, Final Fantasy XII, Rappelz (an MMO I've neglected for awhile), FIFA, L4D or TF2?"

I've become a no-life gamer ^^. Haven't done that since the last school holidays (minus the mugging).

In the meantime I'm trying to keep track of the Singapore stock market and try to learn a thing or two about investing to pass time. Quite interesting to see the numbers go up and down and linking those numbers to the performance of the economy and the individual companies. I might even try my hand at buying some stocks to keep and see what happens in time to come.

Why the sudden interest? I realised that plain savings and working like dogs for a salary ain't enough to keep up with the inflation rate. The recession also made me realise that the people who really earn the most out of it are those who dare to take the risks. And I happen to be very risk-adverse (i.e humji).

Anyway!

QUIS will be perfoming this Saturday at Ngee Ann City (Orchard Road) for the Mascot Parade Event http://www.mascotparade.org/

*EDIT* Our timeslot is 7pm!

We'll have a surprise in store for everyone ehehehe.

Cosplay isn't my kind of thing, but it'll be nice to see members of the 501st. Stormtroopers and ol' Vader himself in Orchard Road! What next? Podracers zipping past those Ah Beng street racers in their zhnged Evos and WRXs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.fmylife.com just got mentioned in today's newspapers (I forgot which section). Have you had an FML moment?

Today, I stepped into the lift and into what seemed like a puddle of water. It covered the entire lift so it was hard not to step onto it. "Oh, someone just went swimming or something". There was this strange smell though. Now that I think about it, I might have been stepping in dog pee all the while. FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment