Saturday, February 07, 2009

de de de de de de de de de de de de de

And so my first week as an intern has ended.

In case you're wondering, I'm currently interning at Alpha Biofuels in Jurong (horrors!). Yes its a stand-all-the-way trip Journey to the West every morning and back. Feet killer, our MRT system is. Especially when you're past Tanjong Pagar and you realise the guy in front of you sleeping peacefully is probably going all the way to Boon Lay. I guess thats the only downside to this job, apart from the delicious peanut butter allowance and the prompt bang kang timing of 6pm + service charge + GST, no less.

Seems like a dream job eh? So why in the world did I decide to take it up? For one its related to my course of study (Enviro Engi), and secondly its an SME, which means I'll get to learn much more than if I were to join say XXXMobile or seaShell. Who knows, I might draw on this when setting up my own company in the future. Plus its producing renewable energy!

And so far, it seems that my decision has been justified. In a span of a week I've been involved in marketing, project trials, delivery, collection, DIY furnishing and retailing. Stained jeans, oily hands, slicky shoes, all deja vu from the past 1 year. I can't say I've been looking forward to work everyday, but just by being there beats sitting in an office the whole day chatting on MSN and Facebooking. And for the first time I drove a lorry! Through the roads of NUS and Singapore Poly no less.

Not to mention the friendly atmosphere there - thanks to the 5 other interns running the show. As a colleague mentioned, we're all peons there. "hurh? Yes warchief... work work..."

Money vs experience?

Hong Yi has gained a level! *cue FF victory chime*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random nugget of information - Did you know that the MRT door closing chime has 13 beeps?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:55 AM

    fail.

    ff victory chime comes before you find out if you've leveled up or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:51 AM

    LOL oh yeah XD

    ReplyDelete