Friday, February 20, 2009

Me, the default lorry driver.

I think I've driven more in these 2 weeks than the past 6 months since I got my license. Its fun though, going to far flung and familiar places all at one go and trying out crazy stunts, all guided by a street directory.

Anyway, its been some time since I last made a decent post.

Valentine's day - We decided to do something different and went to the Science Centre! Both to catch an Omni-Theatre show and to see what's new there. I think the last time I went was 3 years ago, bringing a group of kids around for CIP or something. And so we embarked on a Journey to the West. Nothing much has changed, except that whole new areas have sprouted up (I noticed a new Climate Change and Alternative Energy section, yay!). The old exhibits were rotting though, with pieces falling apart and some not even working. One exhibit which went missing was the immensely fun mirror maze; I remember the crazy times I spent running around and getting lost. And who could forget the number counting wheel? I once had an ambition to stand there turning the wheel non-stop until the number reached 9999 or something XD

Then we roamed around the West and went to Jurong Hilltop restaurant next to Birdpark. The Japanese teppanyaki was not bad, but the fumes (some would say fragrances) were overpowering. Not much of an atmosphere either, with the whole place packed with families. The view was nice though, even if we could only see Jurong Island and lots of containers. Headed out to West Coast Park for a walk (surprisingly it was rather crowded, like the ECP of the West. Hmm.) and watched the container ships go about their businesses.

So ended our Journey to the West.

I think I'm getting the hang of things in the west side of Singapore. Anyway it'll probably be my new hangout place once I step into NTU. I'm still proud to be an Eastie (my friend coined the word) though, we've got more places with nice food =) And the roads aren't filled with container trucks. I've been dodging them everyday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scholes and Giggs are phenomenal. They should be thinking of taking off their boots and relaxing at home now, not spraying 30m long passes, slamming home 25m volleys, curling crosses, dribbling past defenders and flicking through balls over defences.

Respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment