Sunday, May 23, 2010

九州へいきましょ!

sorry 'bout the lack of updates, but its to compensate for the flood of posts that will be popping up 2 weeks from now :P

posts filled with bandwidth draining photos from Kyushu, Japan!

I will be lugging my laptop around so I might find time to upload photos during the trip. And hopefully I can get free Internet access in the hotels that I'll be staying. It'll also be my navigator of sorts - Google maps!

Tong-ing 100yen every 15mins to use a computer in a hotel lobby is something I wouldn't want to experience again. Not when the keyboard is configured to display Hiragana. I remember going through 500yen just to send off a couple of readable emails trying to arrange a meetup with a friend over there :S

Occasionally if I manage to hook onto some free Wi-fi while on the move, I'll probably tweet some photos from my lousy 2mp E63 camera phone, so look out for that :D

I must apologise beforehand though. This trip, unfortunately, will result in my carboon footprint being excessively large, mostly due to the fact that it will be a driving trip. My persuasive powers weren't enough to sway my dad to go train-hopping, nor was my attempt to change his mind to choose a Prius over a Wish.

Kinda fits the title of my blog, eh? *sigh*

Well, I guess 2 weeks of not being at home and playing games on my PC probably eases some of my guilt. Economists call it "opportunity costs" - I call it "lame reasoning just to make myself feel better".

Anyway! Green ideals aside, it'll be a good trip. I've already planned out a half-day YUI-stalker itinerary (her hometown is Fukuoka, one of the cities I'll be visiting) :P I'm just praying it doesn't rain too heavily. Plus I've heard the Hakata ramen there is heavenly :D

Just a lil' info about my itinerary - Fukuoka -> Nagasaki -> Kumamoto -> Beppu -> Oita -> Fukuoka

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and if you're reading this and somehow feel the need to contact me, just drop me a message on FB/twitter/email. I won't be contactable by phone, well, at least not willingly. Roaming charges = $$$

No comments:

Post a Comment