Thursday, October 15, 2009

lai liao...

time goes by... so quickly.

Its already week 9, which means the exams just loom over the horizon in another 5 weeks' time.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Damn.

And I'm still in a relative state of "relaxation", i.e no bouts of panic-mugging. Yet. I can't imagine how it was back in JC, where studying was like the top activity voted by students. I think I'd be buried in a pile of notes and past year papers by now.

As I formulate this blog post, I'm already getting ready to pick up my Computing notes and start reading, as soon as I'm done. *sigh*

Screw mugging.

Anyway, Tuesday was Hall 6's Mid Autumn Festival.

Pause.

Wasn't Mooncake festival a couple of weeks ago?

Strange choice of dates aside, it was a pretty fun event, even though the moon was barely visible (it was crescent already). The Hall 6 jam band, Roku Band (nice name! roku incidentally means "6" in Japanese) played a couple of English and Mandarin songs - 21 Guns, Supermassive Black Hole, Wu Le Bu Zuo (Cape no. 7 theme song) and of course, One Night in Beijing. I was kinda worried that I'd screw up since it was my first time playing solos on stage, but luckily everything went rather smoothly. Everyone gelled pretty well, despite having only 2 practices the week before.

Following that was a singing competition, a standard dress-up-the-guys-by-removing-their-tops costume contest and a couple of games. Even our hall fellow, a prof, was dancing along to the music with his kid in his arms. Now that's one happening prof. Contrary to the event, there wasn't a mooncake in sight; there WAS a faux moon hanging in the concourse though, which looked rather like a yolk XD

After all that, it was back to sian.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When was the last time you watched a funny Youtube video? A few minutes ago? And by any chance was it from a link posted by a friend on Facebook?

I probably guessed right =)
Facebook = Viral videos.

boomz.

No comments:

Post a Comment