Friday, July 10, 2009

A Geeky Update! (Zhng My Rig Part 2)

Guess what?

I decided to go 1 step further.

When my dad suggested we go someplace in Little India for dinner, my mind immediately thought - Sim Lim Square!

And so I zipped in, bought a Cooler Master 120mm casing fan, complete with Benged-out LED lights and zipped out as fast.

After some prying, monster strength and nimble screwing... Tadahh!





My 2 year old brudder has just been given a new lease of life!

And he's much cooler too! I shaved off 4 degrees Celsius off each of my 4 cores (about 5 degrees less when at full load). Now they're idling pretty comfortably at a nice relaxing (on average) 36 degrees.

Man I love DIYing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not-so-famous geek quote, "If they can zhng their cars, why can't we zhng our rigs also? We also Ah Beng what."

Next project will be... A new graphics card, complete with side grille and fan! Which probably won't happen for another 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment